- 1 What Is ETD Control Center? | Plus 5 Fixes
- 2 What is the ETD Control Center?
- 3 How to Fix Issues Related to the ETD Control Center
- 3.1 1st Fix: Disable by way of Task Manager
- 3.2 2nd Fix: Uninstall the Program
- 3.3 third Fix: Update Your Drivers
- 3.4 4th Fix: Repair the Smart Gesture on Your Asus Laptop
- 3.5 fifth Fix: Remove the Virus Using an Antivirus and Antimalware
- 4 Forum Feedback
- 5 Conclusion
What Is ETD Control Center? | Plus 5 Fixes
In this publish, we look at the ETD Control Center- defining what it’s, must you take away it, and 5 fixes for coping with errors.
The ETD Control Center (ETDCtrl stands for Elan Trackpad Device Control Center) is a program or executable file that comes from the ELAN Smart-Pad (Source).
This is a touchpad program that’s normally present in laptops since laptops are the one ones that use them anyway. The factor about this program is that it’s fairly redundant since your laptop already has its personal touchpad program.
In a method, it’s truly not wanted so you possibly can take it out. In reality, there are some customers that deem this executable file as harmful, in order that’s much more motive to take it out.
What is the ETD Control Center?
As talked about above, it is a software program that’s created by ELAN Microelectronics. Though it’s not likely recognized to trigger issues, it may well presumably be a service of an ETD management middle virus in disguise. Also, the issues may additionally begin as soon as the file is corrupted. That’s why lots of people choose to take it out.
The file itself is known as ETDCtrl.exe and might be present in a subfolder within the Windows folder. Specifically, it may be present in C:Program Files. That mentioned, it’s fairly simple to take away this file if you happen to suppose that it’s a risk to your laptop or might trigger some issues.
How to Fix Issues Related to the ETD Control Center
1st Fix: Disable by way of Task Manager
You have the selection of both disabling this system or eradicating it as an entire. If you suppose that you just’re nonetheless going to want it sooner or later, then you possibly can simply disable it utilizing the Task Manager. That method, it’s nonetheless there so that you can allow if ever you need to.
You can do that if you wish to maintain it there however don’t need it to make use of plenty of your laptop’s sources. Windows 10 Skills recommends you do that:
- Open up the Task Manager by urgent Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Go to Startup
- Look for ETD Control Center
- Right click on on it and click on Disable
- Restart your laptop
Video Guide: How To Use Task Manager And Troubleshoot
2nd Fix: Uninstall the Program
If you need to take away it as an entire, then chances are you’ll do this methodology as an alternative. Removing the ETDCtrl.exe file is as simple as uninstalling some other program out of your laptop by means of the Program Uninstall function that each laptop has. This is what’s beneficial by Live For Tech. Here’s how:
- Click on the Windows button and go to Control Panel
- Look for the Programs checklist
- Look for ETD Control Center
- Click the Uninstall possibility
- Wait for this system to uninstall
- Restart your laptop
third Fix: Update Your Drivers
If you’re going to uninstall the ETD Control Center, your touchpad as an entire might get affected. You’ll be utilizing the default touchpad of your laptop.
The downside right here is that after the removing, your laptop won’t be capable to detect a touchpad. If that occurs, then you definately higher replace your touchpad concurrently so that you just received’t encounter any issues. Windows 10 Skills recommends that you just do that:
- Open up the Start Menu and seek for Device Manager
- Open up the Device Manager and search for Mice and Other Pointing Device
- Right click on on EIAN Touchpad Driver
- Click on Update Driver
- Click on the Search Automatically for Driver Software Update
- Wait for the pc to seek for the suitable driver, then set up it
- Wait for the motive force to put in
When you do that, you should not have any extra issues with the ETD Control Center. You received’t be utilizing it as your touchpad anymore, however you’ll be utilizing a default touchpad that received’t offer you error messages or burn up plenty of your CPU’s sources as an alternative.
Video Guide: How To Update Your Drivers For Free In Windows 10
4th Fix: Repair the Smart Gesture on Your Asus Laptop
If you’re an Asus consumer and also you seen that there’s something blinking within the taskbar, it’s more than likely the ETD Control Center utilizing up plenty of CPU sources.
You might have the choice of uninstalling it by making use of the 2nd repair. However, one other method is to restore the Asus Smart Gesture. This is what Appuals recommends:
- Hold down the Window key whereas urgent R
- In the Run window, sort appwiz.cpl
- When the appwiz window pops out, search for Asus Smart Gesture
- Right click on on it and click on the Uninstall/Change possibility
- Select the Repair to repair it
- You may additionally select Uninstall possibility if you wish to uninstall it
What Is ASUS Smart Gesture?
fifth Fix: Remove the Virus Using an Antivirus and Antimalware
One factor to be aware of is that viruses might pose as executable recordsdata resembling ETDCtrl.exe. File.internet notes that the ETDCtrl.exe has an 85% risk score whether it is positioned in C:Windows or C:WindowsSystem32 folder.
If it’s positioned there, then it’s more than likely a Trojan virus or a malware that’s simply posing as a legit ETDCtrl.exe file. If that is the case, you have to just be sure you have the suitable safety from these threats. Here are some beneficial actions:
- Download Security Task Manager to test the risk stage of the ETDCtrl.exe
- Have an excellent antivirus able to scan your laptop and delete any virus
- Have an anti-malware that can assist you take out any malware
We learn by means of a number of tech boards, together with Microsoft Answers, to know higher what issues individuals had been having with ETD Control Center. In basic, they had been on the lookout for ETD Control Center auto begin, ETD Control Center Windows 10, ETD Control Central obtain. Users had been additionally enthusiastic about ETD Control Center CPU utilization.
A pc proprietor expressed his considerations about an icon that was popping up every so often known as ETD Control Center. He tried to click on on it, however it wouldn’t reply. The particular person was nervous whether or not it was one thing malicious as a result of he couldn’t discover something in Windows assist.
Another discussion board poster explains that ETD Control Center is a program developed by Elan Microelectronic Corp. He provides that it’s needed for the correct operate of the touchpad and that it’s innocent and infrequently causes issues.
An individual shared that customers on his community began to obtain a pop-up messaged associated to ETD Control Center. It mentioned that they weren’t approved to run the appliance. As an admin, he logged in along with his credential, and he additionally received the identical message. He added that it was a nuisance as a result of he couldn’t determine the right way to take away it.
Another laptop consumer reported that he lately upgraded his Windows to Windows eight.1 Pro and that the Action Center beneficial that he take away some packages from his startup checklist.
- That’s how he found the ETD Control Center software, and he was questioning whether or not turning it off would enhance the efficiency of his gadget.
- When he contacted help, they defined that ETD Control Center was the motive force for the Elan Touchpad and that he ought to obtain the most recent drivers for it if he had any considerations about its performance.
A pc professional recommends that you just don’t contact ETD Control Center except you might have some issues with it otherwise you’re getting an error message associated to it.
- He provides that it’s not a malicious software and that it allows you to use the touchpad in your laptop computer.
- The particular person additionally says that it’s doable to take away the appliance if you happen to’re nervous about it otherwise you suspect that it’s contaminated by malware.
Another particular person noticed that the ETD Control Center took 51% of his CPU energy and that it wasn’t regular.
- He was nervous that it was a virus. He did some analysis, and he was much more baffled why an software for working a touchpad would require a lot energy.
- Support suggested him to obtain the most recent replace for the drivers as a result of it was doable that the ETD Control Center drivers had change into corrupted or broken.
- They additionally mentioned that he may begin the pc in Safe Mode to test if the difficulty would persist.
A discussion board member additionally famous that the ETD Control Center was inflicting issues on his laptop computer.
- When he checked the duty supervisor, he found that the ETD Control Center was taking greater than 30% of the CPU.
- It wasn’t taking place every single day, however every so often he would discover that his gadget was getting sizzling.
- He up to date the drivers to the most recent model, however that didn’t clear up the difficulty.
- So, he contacted help, they usually suggested him to run the System File Checker and see if there have been any broken recordsdata that may very well be inflicting the issue.
Another particular person mentioned that he additionally bumped into a difficulty with the ETD Control Center. His answer was to kill the method from the duty supervisor. He additionally complained that he couldn’t get the ETD Control Central’s icon from the taskbar. The consumer tried a number of totally different approaches, however the icon didn’t disappear till he deleted the ETD Control Center Helper.
A pc consumer remarked that the ETD Control Center icon wasn’t responding and that he was questioning the right way to do away with it fully. He mentioned that he couldn’t even shut the icon and that it was consuming an excessive amount of CPU energy to run the trackpad. After he uninstalled it, he mentioned that the trackpad labored with out it, however it wasn’t as clean as earlier than.
Another particular person mentioned that the ETD Control Center is important if you wish to scroll, zoom or rotate footage and that you just shouldn’t uninstall it.
A pc proprietor additionally shares that the ETD Control Center is critical for keyboard shortcuts and display screen adjustments. He provides that with out it you’ll have solely primary touchpad capabilities.
ETDCtrl.exe in itself is a legit program, however it’s not normally wanted by most customers as a result of it’s fairly redundant. Of course, it may be a fairly annoying program as a result of it’s susceptible to errors and will take up plenty of your CPU’s sources. That’s why we advocate that you just simply take it out as an alternative of retaining it (or disable it, for that matter).
The solely harmful half about it’s if it’s a virus disguised as an executable file. If you don’t do one thing about it rapidly, the virus may rapidly unfold and crash your complete laptop.
In any case, you simply must observe the steps given above to take out ETDCtrl.exe. It’s fairly simple to take it out, and also you don’t must know any tough technical coding. Just select which of the above-mentioned fixes you need to use and observe the directions that we’ve offered per repair.
What Is ETD Control Center? | Plus 5 Fixes